Custody of a Minor Family Court Rules
Custody Rule 3.210
1) A hearing on the matter must be held within 56 days
- a) After the court orders or
- b) After the filing of notice that a custody hearing is requested
2) The court must enter a decision within 28 days after the hearing.
5) The court may interview the child privately to determine if the child is of sufficient age to express a preference regarding custody, and if so, the reasonable preference of the child. The court shall focus the interview on these determinations, and the information received shall be applied only to the reasonable preference factor.
6) If a report has been submitted by the Friend of the Court, the court must give the parties the opportunity to review the report and to file objections before a decision is entered.
8) In deciding whether an evidentiary hearing is necessary with regard to a post judgment motion to change custody, the court must determine, by requiring an offer of proof or otherwise, whether these are contested factual issues that must be resolved, in order for the court to make an informed decision on the motion.